- I clocked 70 minutes for my 10km, just 3 minutes over my personal best set in 2006 (yes, it does get very dramatic!)
- The Adidas Adizero shoes were amazing. I ran the entire race without killing my legs. I don't think they will last very long though - when they mean lightweight shoes, they mean shoes without much fabric or rubber!
- My buddies, Pravin & Danny set their personal bests in the 10k, around the 1 h 30m mark - bravo, guys!
- Yap was running his first race beyond 5k, and he whacked 21k in under 3 hours - super duper!
- Vicky as usual made the 21k look super easy - and he's got photos to go with it for a third year in a row - you lucky dude!
- Our chief "inspirator", Mel, got to stand right in front of the Finish line. Getting her to run is still a long shot for 2009
- We pigged out at Cafe Cartel right after our run, and went for a buffet steamboat later that night - the thousands of calories lost in the morning were gained within 6 hours
- We ran a total of 72km between the 5 of us. Some runners do 84km in one day, on their own. I don't think we'll compete in those leagues any time soon
- This year's race attracted close to 50k runners, largest ever in Singapore
- The 42k was won by Luke Kibet, the reigning world champion from Kenya. He ran the race in 2h 13m, 1 minute better than the course record. He was paid 15k USD just to appear for the race and pocketed a cool 35k USD for winning!
Check out our stats - amazing birds eye view of the entire race!
Me: 10k 1h:9m:50s
Danny: 10k 1h:33m:9s
Pravin: 10k 1h:33m:9s
Vicky: 21k 2h:57m:19s
Yap: 21k (under 3 hours) (Sadly, no stats yet - he's not too happy!)
More photos (& great Christmas gift ideas for the guys!):
For the third year running, this is the only photo of me running (the one in yellow!):
It was a fabulous weekend. The Singapore Marathon is a year-end high(light) for me, and it was made even better this year with the company of my best friends. Thanks guys!